Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don't Event Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski



Don’t Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski

At BHS the homeroom 10B students are close, really close, in fact they have no Secrets between them. After they received a bad flu shot, each student is able to read minds. They all quickly find out the advantages and disadvantages of knowing what everyone is thinking. By the end you will be questioning if knowing what others think is just as fun as you think it is or if it’s a curse.

I liked the overall idea of this book being about to read minds in high school, who would want think right? I know I did when I was in school, but reading this book makes me think that maybe it wouldn’t have been so much fun. I don’t think I would have really wanted to know what people really thought of me, even now. This book is a light, cute read that can be read in a few hours.

I liked that most of the characters are relatable and makes you want to know more about them, keeping you reading. Sarah is a great job at portraying each person with there our personality, as well as how being about to read minds effected them. Each character was its own person. I love the feel of the book, it reminds me of the breakfast club, because most of them not friends before the shot.

I am not really a first person plural person, so I found it hard to read with all the characters and the switching of points of view where hard to follow at first, but after a few chapters, you find it becoming easier. I slow felt that the plot was a little too slow for myself, with the everyday life, but that could just be me. This is a young adult novel with a science fiction undertone, I wouldn’t t call it full on science fiction.

The cover reminds me of any cool 80’s movie poster, which I love. One of my favorite covers, so far this year.

I would say 8th to 10th graders would love this book as well as anyone who wants to read minds. It’s a light, quick, comfortable read. I am giving it a 3 of 5 stars. 

Sarah Mlynowski is a well know author with many of her books publish in more then 21 languages. If you want more of her work, try reading Ten Things We Did.

Find Book on: GoodReads 
Find Book on: Amazon 
Find More: Sarah Mlynowski


Type: Standalone 
Genre:Young-Adult, Contemporary with a Little Science Fictions. 
Publish: March 11th 2014 Random House Children's book
Rating: 3 of 5 

 Keep Reading! Thanks NetGalley!

Jessica Webb




No comments:

Post a Comment