Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Phoenix Island by John Dixon



Phoenix Island by John Dixon 


We meet 16 year old Carl Freeman; a boxing champ and Orphan. Carl is the one person to stick up for the kids who are bullied. He wants to do what is right just like his father, but most of the time he goes too far and gets in real trouble. After taking out the whole football team in the new town he is in, The Judge takes him away from the foster home and sends him to Phoenix Island a “Military like Boot Camp”.  After a few minutes on the island Carl and the other recruits discover that it’s not what it seems to be and hold more secrets. Carl and the others may have to fight for their lives. 

I was really excited to read this book, knowing that the new CBS TV Show Intelligence is based off it. Intelligence was/is one of my must watch new shows of this year so I jumped at reviewing this book. 

I liked it a great deal, it was everything you want in an action/ thriller, kept you guessing and on the edge of your seat the whole time. Fasted pact and dark at all the right moments. I loved the Lord of the Files feel it had, because it is one of my favorites, as well as the Mad Science overtones.
With every Twist and turn in this book you will never see anything coming. I loved that I couldn’t guess what was going to happen next because I hate being able to guess what is coming.
I am giving this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I like the cover becuae i think covers with people on them are overrated. 

This is John Dixon Debut novel and I can’t wait for more from him.

From Watching Intelligence on CBS, I don’t see the book in the show, but I hope to keep watching for it. I loved the book and would love to see more of the book in the show. Catch the show on Monday nights 10/9c.

Find it on: GoodReads
Find it on: Amazon
Find the TV Show: CBS



Type: Series (Book One)
Publication Date: January 7th 2014
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller, Science Fiction
Rating: 4/5 Stars 

Thanks NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment