Friday, January 3, 2014

Pretenders by Lisi Harrison




Pretenders by Lisi Harrison is about a mysterious teenager who stole the secret diaries of the Phoenix Five, the most popular sophomores in high school and spills everything in them.

A don’t mind cliffhangers but in order for a cliffhanger to work you have to have some kind of climax it can’t just stop mid build up.  That’s what happen in Pretenders, no climax just builder up for the big moment then all you get is the end. This book just stops, if you don’t like that then I wouldn’t read this book. 

I liked the book overall and I really liked that it was written in diary style or journal style. I also liked that it had multiply points of view. It has more than enough drama to feed you and draw you in wanting more. It also made me have some flash backs to my high school days, so that was fun.  

I was a good book and would have gotten a high rating if it had some kind of climax and ending. 

This book as a few covers, but i really like this one the best. i like the red lettering and the back and white cartoon girl. I also like that it has light color witting all over it. 

I am giving it 3 out of 5 stars. 

Lisi Harrison has also written The Clique Series, Alphas Series and some Monster High Books.

Find this book on:GoodReads 
Find this book on:Amazon


Thank you NetGalley. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment